site map | contact us

The Golden Valley Light railway

A 2ft (610mm) Narrow Gauge Railway in Derbyshire

Ashover Light Railway Coach No 4

After 21 years of trying, the GVLR have acquired Ashover Light Railway Coach No 4. This 1924 built coach, which ran on the Ashover Light Railway until 1937, has for the last 53 years been grounded at the bowling green, Clay Cross. It will now be restored, united with a pair of bogies and returned to carrying passengers on the GVLR.

ALR Coach No 4 index
History of ALR Coach No 4
Restoration Timeline

Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway,
home to the other two extant
Ashover Coaches

image: Ashover Coach No 4 at the Bowling Green, Clay Cross
ALR Coach No 4
at Clay Cross
H A Morton

image: ALR Coach No 4 entering the GVLR Running Shed
ALR Coach No 4
entering the Running Shed
H A Morton